file ECW?

• Richard
  • Richard's Avatar Topic Author
More
01 Dec 2014 18:55 #1 by Richard
Richard created the topic: ECW?
I am trying to decide what period(s) to invest in. I've considered Napoleonic but frankly I am not inspired by that, for some obscure reason as I used to like it. ECW is now more appealing for me, perhaps because it is more chaotic/fun and it lends itself to small campaigns or scenarios.

Is anyone else interested? If so, which scale, please? Also can anyone recommend manufacturers?

Thanks ...

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2014 21:12 #2 by Brett
Brett replied the topic: ECW?
I like ECW too, but have you thought about the 30yrs War? Same sort of period, but with a wider variety of nationalities and units.

As for scale, either is readily available in 28mm or 15mm. It depends on what scale you prefer to paint really?

Cheers

Brett

More
02 Dec 2014 20:00 #3 by stephenluscombe
stephenluscombe replied the topic: ECW?
I have Warlord 28mm Cavalier and Parliamentarian armies - v nice figures and pretty cheap! They also do some nice Scottish and Irish armies - plus all sorts of 30 years wars armies. Recently I used Pike and Shotte (which is similar to Black Powder) but also have another set of Renaissance rules based on The Sword and the Flame that I'd like to give a try some time.

More
02 Dec 2014 22:54 #4 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: ECW?
Hi Richard (again)

There are a number of different things played at the club, therefore I would say
come down and see for a couple of weekends and find out/ask questions and you may
find something you like amongst us.

Gary

More
02 Dec 2014 23:15 #5 by Ralph
Ralph replied the topic: ECW?

Gary wrote: Hi Richard (again)

There are a number of different things played at the club, therefore I would say
come down and see for a couple of weekends and find out/ask questions and you may
find something you like amongst us.

Gary

He's been attending the club for three weeks now Gary! He must be avoiding you!
Ralph

More
03 Dec 2014 11:10 #6 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: ECW?
lol story of my life !

Must be wearing an invisibility cloak.

More
03 Dec 2014 17:21 #7 by DaiBry
DaiBry replied the topic: ECW?
I used to do a lot of ECW - all in 15mm. It's a great period. Would be good to try smaller skirmishes in 28mm (not that I can see me painting the troops any time soon!).

The rules I used to use for larger battles were Forlorn Hope by Caliver/Partizan.

Cheers,

Dave

More
09 Jan 2015 13:33 #8 by Bunny
Bunny replied the topic: ECW?
I have 30YW in 15mm but will be building armies for this period in 10mm some time in the future.

I might consider selling my 15s.....

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds
Joomla Templates: by JoomlaShack