file Bolt Action Figures

• Nigel1
  • Nigel1's Avatar Topic Author
More
23 Mar 2015 20:37 #1 by Nigel1
Nigel1 created the topic: Bolt Action Figures
I have recently purchased some US bolt action figures which I will get round to painting myself eventually but I am at a total loss as to how to assemble the figures. By that I mean which arms go with which weapons and then which body.

Is it just a case of anything goes or should I be trying to pair certain arms with bodies.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know or for that matter if anyone would be willing to put them together for me i'd certainly be willing to part with some cash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2015 19:19 #2 by DaiBry
DaiBry replied the topic: Bolt Action Figures
With the Plastic Soldier 20mm figs, which are the only ones I've used, specific arms go with specific bodies. Don't know what it's like with, e.g., Warlord figs though.

Dave

More
27 Mar 2015 12:57 #3 by Richard
Richard replied the topic: Bolt Action Figures
I bought some from the show - largely because of the 30% discount - and I have the same problem. They are a pain.

Good luck!

More
30 Mar 2015 12:27 #4 by Mini Warzone
Mini Warzone replied the topic: Bolt Action Figures
I agree that they are not the most 'user friendly' so I've just used what ones I like best for certain poses etc. Still I do enjoy them :)

More
01 Apr 2015 10:00 #5 by CharlesK
CharlesK replied the topic: Bolt Action Figures
I also bought some warlord figures at the show. With the 30% it was hard to resist.

I have never seen so much flash, extra lumps of metal, and poorly fitting bits before. The German Heer medium machine gun tripod is terrible. It's hard to tell what is supposed to be there and what is additional moldings. It is a nightmare to glue together, and I've never got so much superglue on me as making that *****ng tripod!

I am glad I got mostly plastics for Bolt Action Army! They were not warlord figures so I have no idea if warlord plastics are good or not.

To be fair once the figures are cleaned up and you have FINALLY managed to put them together, they paint up fairly well. The deep cutting of detail and creases make highlighting and shading quite easy to do.

The German 28mm Bolt Action / Chain of Command force will be my one and only 28mm WW2 army ... ah ... probably! I think 15mm WW2 figures feel better on the table, and are more in scale with the weapon ranges. Also they are easier to paint, store, and transport.

By the way, while Bolt Action is a fun game, with a bit of WW2 Two flavour, Chain of Command is more realistic. It's quick and easy to play once you have understood how things work, although the rules need to be read through a couple of times before you play.

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds
Joomla Template: by JoomlaShack