file Coronel

More
01 Nov 2014 17:36 #1 by Ralph
Ralph created the topic: Coronel
Just been reading this Herald article about the centenary of the loss of HMS Monmouth at Coronel:

www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Ships-loss-sent...79-detail/story.html

I hadn't realised there was a close local connection. Coronel is another battle that I have played using the Seekrieg 5 rules and could play that 1n 1:3000 if anyone is interested. There is a rule relating to ships being easier to hit if the are silhouetted against the horizon and a low sun, which was exactly what happened to the British fleet in that battle. The British are unlikely to win this game, but I like the scenario for the fact that the rules so accurately recreate the difficulties that the RN faced.

Ralph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2014 21:10 #2 by Brett
Brett replied the topic: Coronel
I'm interested Ralph.

Cheers

Brett

More
04 Nov 2014 21:52 #3 by Ralph
Ralph replied the topic: Coronel
I'm free from 30th November onwards, just name a day. We would have to get some more people involved as there are quite a few ships to handle, on top of which, to add to the realism we need to play the rules in more detail than we did with Yellow Sea (weather, lighting conditions, and limited ammunition to name but a few).
Ralph

More
15 Nov 2014 19:22 #4 by Brett
Brett replied the topic: Coronel
Sorry Ralph, I should have replied to this sooner. I'll have a chat with you about the Coronel game on the 23rd.

Cheers

Brett

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds
Joomla Templates: from JoomlaShack