file DBA Version 3

More
21 Oct 2014 18:29 #1 by Ralph
Ralph created the topic: DBA Version 3
Black Hat are now selling DBA version 3 for pre-order. Spotted this too late to take advantage of a discount, but still got my order in to receive it as soon as possible:

www.blackhat.co.uk/online_shop/product_i...549d25992b1116e487b2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2014 10:34 #2 by AndyClark
AndyClark replied the topic: DBA Version 3
Twenty quid! Hardback? That's ridiculous, the rules will fit easily onto half a dozen pages.
Like everyone else these days they seem to be cashing in shamelessly.

More
22 Oct 2014 11:45 #3 by Ralph
Ralph replied the topic: DBA Version 3
Seems to be a fact of wargaming life nowadays. But there's not much you can buy for less than a tenner nowadays. Even 'Sword and Spear' that is self published is £14, but you can often get 25% off, or download a PDF version for £6.

They seem to justify the price because of the detailed army lists, and there's clearly still a massive interest in DBA - I got enquiries from as far away as Manchester when I put that mini-tournament on in August.

I'm getting a copy, and I'll let you know if it's much different from the rules they published recently. As I say, I think the army lists are what we are expected to pay for.

Ralph

More
06 Nov 2014 23:07 #4 by ChrisP
ChrisP replied the topic: DBA Version 3
Not just army lists but detailed background for each Army, apparently. Also many more clear diagrams to aid full understanding of the rules.

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds
Joomla Templates: from JoomlaShack