file Who has what?

• Brett
  • Brett's Avatar Topic Author
More
05 Oct 2014 17:23 #1 by Brett
Brett created the topic: Who has what?
Hi all

Just out of interest, may I ask who has any horse & musket armies?

If so, which periods, figure scale and rules etc?

Personally, I have 28mm War of the Spanish Succession, 28m Seven Years War for North America/French & Indian War and 10mm American War of Independence.

I use Beneath the Lily Banners for WSS, my own rules for SYW big battles and Musket & Tomahawk for SYW skirmish, and Black Powder for AWI.

Cheers

Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2014 18:18 #2 by Ralph
Ralph replied the topic: Who has what?
French, Russian and Austrian (plus a smattering of British) 25/28mm Napoleonic armies based for Blackpowder.

Union and Confederate 15mm armies based for Fire and Fury, but work fine for Blackpowder.

Japanese 15mm army for Russo-Japanese War, based for Principles of War.

28mm Zulus and British for Anglo/Zulu war based for Blackpowder.

Ralph

More
06 Oct 2014 14:15 #3 by stephenluscombe
stephenluscombe replied the topic: Who has what?
I have 28mm ECW both for King and Parliament - have used Pike and Shotte Rules. Also have 18mm French and British Napoleonics have used Napoleon at War but able to use Black Powder also. I also have 15mm colonials coming out my ears!

More
12 Oct 2014 11:15 #4 by DaiBry
DaiBry replied the topic: Who has what?
I have French SYW in 15mm based for Maurice/Might and Reason, though have also used Warfare in the Age of Reason and Koenig Krieg in the past.

I also have a very old (and averagely painted) ECW army, also 15mm. Favourite rules there were Forlorn Hope - Caliver Books/Partizan Press's ECW rules.

Cheers,

Dave

More
22 Oct 2014 17:38 #5 by CharlesK
CharlesK replied the topic: Who has what?
I have armies for the Spanish War of Succession in 10mm. I used to use "Warfare in the Age of Reason", but I have been wondering about using Black Powder instead.

Cheers,

Charles

• Brett
More
22 Oct 2014 21:27 #6 by Brett
Brett replied the topic: Who has what?
I look forward to seeing your WSS in 10mm Charles, as I bet it looks good! Not that it's a favourite period of mine and I'm biased at all you realise.......

Cheers

Brett

More
23 Oct 2014 19:24 #7 by CharlesK
CharlesK replied the topic: Who has what?
No wargamer is ever biased...or are they? :lol:

More
18 Dec 2014 10:35 #8 by Richard
Richard replied the topic: Who has what?
Still looking for a period to dive in to. SYW looks very promising - colourful, classic wargaming with plenty of scope.
15mm would be my preference I think, so if anyone else is interested I may well get some figures. Not sure about the rules though.

More
18 Dec 2014 10:56 #9 by stephenluscombe
It is a little earlier than Seven Years War , but on December 28th Ralph and I were going to try the By Fire and Sword rules:

www.fireandsword.wargamer.pl/index.php?o...icle&id=46&Itemid=58

I have started 15mm Swedish for this and Ralph has Tartars I think. I also know someone else who has lots of 15mm for this East European period. We'll have to see if we like the rules though... Not tried them yet.

More
18 Dec 2014 11:21 #10 by Ralph
Ralph replied the topic: Who has what?

stephenluscombe wrote: It is a little earlier than Seven Years War , but on December 28th Ralph and I were going to try the By Fire and Sword rules:

www.fireandsword.wargamer.pl/index.php?o...icle&id=46&Itemid=58

I have started 15mm Swedish for this and Ralph has Tartars I think. I also know someone else who has lots of 15mm for this East European period. We'll have to see if we like the rules though... Not tried them yet.

I have Cossacks ready to go, my Tartars won't be painted in the foreseeable future. I like this period but am strugging with the rules. The book is superbly turned out, with lavish illustrations and plenty of reference standard depictions of uniforms and arms, but the writing strikes me as very padded. I am attempting to re-read the rules ready for the game on 28th, and still haven't been able to get my teeth into them. Actually moving figures around on a table might help me focus, but the book is so large it is hard to digest.

More
18 Dec 2014 13:00 #11 by stephenluscombe
This page seems to have a good overview of the rules:

anatolisgameroom.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/...english-version.html

More
18 Dec 2014 17:10 #12 by DaiBry
Hi Richard,

There are quite a few of us at the club with 15mm 7YW or similar armies. I have a French army and a very embryonic Allied (Hanoverian etc) one. Favourite rules at the moment are Sam Mustafa's Maurice and Steve Thomas and I have also used his Might and Reason, which are more of a big battle set - similar in some ways but no cards. Here is a link to the website:
http://www.sammustafa.com/honour/
You can download a free "lite" version of Maurice.

Cheers,

Dave

More
18 Dec 2014 17:40 #13 by Richard
I am thinking of creating a spreadsheet for this!

More
19 Dec 2014 15:16 #14 by Druss12
Druss12 replied the topic: Who has what?
I have 15mm Napoleonic Russians JR

More
19 Dec 2014 17:07 - 19 Dec 2014 17:38 #15 by Richard
Thanks Dave.

Can you or anyone else recommend a manufacturer? Rather surprisingly, MiniFigs has a good review.

I have also just found this site , which refers to "Honours of War, to be published next year by Osprey Wargames". There is also a discussion group , for play-testing.

I am really warming to the SYW theme, mostly because it is so colourful and classic.

Cheers,

Richard
Last Edit: 19 Dec 2014 17:38 by Richard.

More
19 Dec 2014 18:35 #16 by DaiBry
Personally, I like Essex's figures, but Frei Korps are also good (and they do Hanoverians!) - they are now sold by QRF. Yes, I saw something about the Osprey rules. Will definitely be having a look when they come out.

Dave

• Brett
More
20 Dec 2014 13:47 #17 by Brett
Brett replied the topic: Who has what?
Yes, if I was to build a Seven Years War army, Essex are the first manufacturer I would look at.

More
23 Dec 2014 11:19 #18 by Richard

Brett wrote: Hi all

Just out of interest, may I ask who has any horse & musket armies?

If so, which periods, figure scale and rules etc?

Personally, I have 28mm War of the Spanish Succession, 28m Seven Years War for North America/French & Indian War and 10mm American War of Independence.

I use Beneath the Lily Banners for WSS, my own rules for SYW big battles and Musket & Tomahawk for SYW skirmish, and Black Powder for AWI.

Cheers

Brett

Returning to the original topic, I have been looking at free online databases like sodadb.com but on reflection a Content Management System with built-in user management (registration/log-in) may be better. I notice that this site is built with Joomla, so it may be possible to create/install a suitable database extension to do the job. Simple spreadsheets are an alternative of course but they can get messy.

More
09 Jan 2015 13:46 #19 by Bunny
Bunny replied the topic: Who has what?
15mm, TYW Imperials, Cossacks, Ottomans, small 7YW Reichsarmiee
10mm, Nine a year War, French and Alliance, ACW both sides

Future projects.....10mm TYW, both sides, 10mm 7YW, possibly Austrian, Russian and May be some Prussian....to fight against! Also condidering Crimea.

So many plans so little time!

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds
Joomla Templates: by JoomlaShack