file Club event 21st December 2014

More
29 Sep 2014 09:04 #1 by Ralph
Ralph created the topic: Club event 21st December 2014
For pre-Xmas merriment, Clive and Rob will be staging a participation game of 'All Quiet on the Martian Front'. These rules have received much acclaim. and Clive and Rob are now accomplished at the game, having represented PAW at various shows with it. The game is set in 1913, and supposes a second invasion of the Martians following that portrayed in H G Wells' 'War of the Worlds'. This time the action takes place in the USA. If you want to know more, Clive has written an excellent piece in the current issue of 'Wargames, Soldiers, and Strategy'. Please inform us if you wish to take part, either verbally or by posting here.
Ralph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2014 17:27 #2 by Brett
Brett replied the topic: Club event 21st December 2014
I would like to take part please, assuming that I can make it, which I should be able to.

Thanks

Brett

More
24 Nov 2014 16:12 #3 by Ralph
Ralph replied the topic: Club event 21st December 2014
Now that the November event is over it is time to bump this thread and remind people of the participation game for December 21st. Clive (and Rob?) will be providing the models, terrain and rules know how for this H G Wells type sci-fi game. So far just Brett and myself have expressed an interest, so there is room for more.

More
24 Nov 2014 18:56 #4 by Brett
Brett replied the topic: Club event 21st December 2014
Actually, I may have double booked, as I'm meant to be playing Charles' War of the Spanish Succession game.

Cheers

Brett

More
01 Dec 2014 14:18 #5 by Ralph
Ralph replied the topic: Club event 21st December 2014
After discussion with Rob and Clive we have decided to reschedule this game for March, when there may be a better uptake for it. This means that there will be no club game for December.

As January sees a large number of games in preparation for the show's tournaments, the club game for January will be the first of Gary's Wings of Glory campaign games. This promises to involve a large number of participants, and given the pre-occupation with the show, a second group event in the same month will probably not be well subscribed. I'll announce the date when Gary has finalised plans. Also in January note that Brett is offering to put on a Muskets and Tomahawks game. This has proved to be a popular group game in the past.

In February I will offer a game of Red Actions, set in the Russian Civil War. At most I can probably accommodate 6 people. Keep an eye out for confirmation of the date on this forum before expressing an interest.

Ralph

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds
Joomla Templates: from JoomlaShack