To the web pages of Plymouth Association of Wargamers, a wargames club based in the historic city of Plymouth, on the Devon and Cornwall border in the South West of England.
- Published: 10 February 2011 10 February 2011
- Last Updated: 19 August 2015 19 August 2015
- Hits: 600243 600243
The committee has had a discussion regarding holding a show in February.
We have decided that we will not host a show in 2022.
There were many factors that we took into account:
- The 2nd hall is reduced in size by 50%, because of new fixed Exercise Machines. We can still fit, but will need to rearrange things.
- Will there be a winter COVID surge?
- Will there be new restrictions, making traders spread out and limited attendance?
- Will gamers feel comfortable to get so close at the Bring and Buy?
- Will the club members and others actually turn up, or will we have a reduced take at the door?
- Will the competitions function, or will there be reduced uptake?
- Are all the traders still around, or have some closed down?
- The Trophy Engravers have closed, but may be running from home.
Hopefully we can go ahead for 2023
- Written by Derek Bartlett Derek Bartlett
- Published: 29 September 2021 29 September 2021
- Last Updated: 04 January 2022 04 January 2022
- Hits: 65200 65200
Drum roll please!
Ladies, Gentlemen and any others I have missed, it is with the greatest of pleasure, that I can finally announce, the wargaming drought is over!
The Club will be reopening on Sunday 4th July at 12 Noon, until 5pm! However, because the Scout HQ will not be available until at least September, it is in the new location of:
Mainstone Sports and Social Club,
If you know any club members who are not on Facebook or otherwise online, please let them know, as Del is trying to locate the members list, as its hidden itself!
You need to wear a mask to enter and walk around in the place, but can take it off while sat playing your game! If you want to wear it all the time, feel free! If you're worried about touching anything, you can bring your own sanitizer. Squirting it at your opponent could be a useful move, if they keep scoring better dice than yourself!
The BAR will be open, in case you feel you need a drink and of course, getting me a pint will guarantee you special access to the prime table locations! These will be the same as everyone else's, but I'll be happy, because I get a free pint!
So, you no longer need to speak to your partner and children! The ordeal is over! Come and associate with fellow gamers slightly older than you remember them. Talk the usual tosh and be amazed that we are all still here and still just as attractive as we were before!
- Written by Ken Hockley Ken Hockley
- Published: 21 June 2021 21 June 2021
- Last Updated: 22 June 2021 22 June 2021
- Hits: 90288 90288