file Richard Prosser

• Richard
  • Richard's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Oct 2014 12:26 #1 by Richard
Richard created the topic: Richard Prosser
Hi everyone, I will be moving to Plymouth soon for at least a year, so I hope to join your club. Currently I play with people of Scimitar Wargames and I manage their web site, just!

I definitely prefer miniatures to board games but I will play either. I am also not a Fantasy Fan, more of a historical bent. So "Horse and Musket" stuff, WW2 etc.; I am a child of the Featherstone era.

I am also well aware that whatever rules are adopted will be unrealistic, fortunately. Indeed I find the continual churn of rule sets to be quite amusing, as people throw the baby out with the bathwater each time rather than modifying a particular rule or two. For that reason I quite often get involved in Kriegsspiel games, either as a player or as an umpire.

Unfortunately I do not have many figures or board games myself at present as I don't do painting and there isn't much storage space. I am building up my collection however and I intend to create a 15mm French Napoleonic army soon, by buying the figures and having an outfit in the Phillipines paint them. I am quite happy with that arrangement in principle, though it does mean that painters here will not get my business because I do not like paying the prices that they charge.

Cheers,

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2014 16:23 #2 by Ralph
Ralph replied the topic: Richard Prosser
Hi Richard,
Look forward to seeing you at the club. I am sure you will find a lot of games to interest you, as there is a good balance of historical and fantasy. We also use a lot of rules that don'r require many figures (Ronin, Saga, Bolt Action) so storage space becomes less of an issue. You will also find that people often bring in two armies so that they can invite people without an army of the appropriate type to have a game. Also, once a month there is a participation game that I organise, and about half of these don't require you to have any figures yourself. Will you be in Plymouth in time for our show in February?
Ralph

More
21 Oct 2014 18:19 #3 by Brett
Brett replied the topic: Richard Prosser
Hi Richard

Hopefully, I will see you in a Horse & Musket game at some point then.

Cheers

Brett

More
22 Oct 2014 10:24 #4 by AndyClark
AndyClark replied the topic: Richard Prosser
There would be at least 5 opponents, that I know of, for your French naps. Russian, Austrian and British armies are owned by members in 15mm. Plus more French of course.

• Richard
  • Richard's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 Nov 2014 15:51 #5 by Richard
Richard replied the topic: Richard Prosser
Thanks for the warm welcome!

We have rented a house in Higher Compton now, which is quite close to your meeting place it seems.

I will see you all tomorrow ...

Richard

More
15 Nov 2014 19:19 #6 by Brett
Brett replied the topic: Richard Prosser
Hi Richard

Unfortunately, I can't make it tomorrow, but I am at the club next Sunday for the SAGA event. Hopefully I will meet then if you are there.

Cheers

Brett

More
15 Nov 2014 19:26 #7 by Ralph
Ralph replied the topic: Richard Prosser
Hi Richard,
A lot of the people who have interests in common with you are spending the weekend in Reading at Warfare. I'll be at the club tomorrow playing a game of Sword and Spear so will be there to chat.
Ralph

More
15 Nov 2014 19:57 #8 by AndyClark
AndyClark replied the topic: Richard Prosser
You will be a neighbour Richard! Won't be there tomorrow but will be next week. You will find a warm welcome.

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds
Joomla Template: by JoomlaShack